Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Students
  • Class A: 1/20
  • Class B: 3/20
  • Class C: 0/20
  • Class S: 3/20
Teachers
  • Class A: --
  • Class B: --
  • Class C: --
  • Class S: --
Latest topics
» Attack on Titan
Searching for the Perfect Idol Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:48 am by Guest

» Not The Norm City [LB]
Searching for the Perfect Idol Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:52 am by Guest

» Magic Elementalist Academy
Searching for the Perfect Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:36 am by Guest

» Feral Hearts a yaoi rpg
Searching for the Perfect Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:48 pm by Guest

» Soul Eater RPG
Searching for the Perfect Idol Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:00 am by Guest

» Riku Yahisa (W.I.P)
Searching for the Perfect Idol Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:43 am by Riku

» Watching over the school... Or what?
Searching for the Perfect Idol Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:31 pm by Shiyare Miki

» What am I doing here? (OPEN)
Searching for the Perfect Idol Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 4:30 pm by Sato Hiroshi

» Stop Smoking, You Idiots!!! (Open)
Searching for the Perfect Idol Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:37 pm by Utagawa Tsukiyo

ChatBox

You are not connected. Please login or register

Searching for the Perfect Idol

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Searching for the Perfect Idol Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Utagawa Tsukiyo

Utagawa Tsukiyo

It has been done. The ultimate song: a combination of both string and electric instruments; lyrics that are both literal and metaphorical; a melody that could be appreciated by both musically learned and illiterate alike. After weeks of perfecting it, Tsukiyo Utagawa had written a true masterpiece. There was only one problem now...

She needed somebody to sing it. Naturally, there would be very specific requirements for someone to perform her masterpiece. They would have to be able hit all of the notes, of course. They would need to hold the notes just long enough with just the right amount of vibrato and of course, they would need to express the right emotions and energy.

But, since this is an industry and all, the perfect performer would also have to have the perfect look to match. She wasn't sure what look she was looking for in particular, but most people at this school would probably do. So, wandering the halls, she kept an eye out for the perfect idol: the person who was destined to bring her masterpiece to life.

2Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Shiyare Miki

Shiyare Miki

Her very first day at this school, and the signal of the beginning of her 'career'. Miki couldn't help feeling excited; she was convinced that everything would be alright, she would make at least a few friends, or even collaborate with someone.

She fixed her hat's position on her head as she strolled through the hall, with a happy expression on her face, and a smile which exposed her confidence. At first, everything had been in doubt, but now that she had cleared her mind, all things around her seemed to have a positive air about them.

3Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:38 pm

Utagawa Tsukiyo

Utagawa Tsukiyo

As she scanned the people walking down the halls, someone finally had caught Tsukiyo's attention. She was a short girl with reddish brown hair, but more noticeable than her height was the hat she wore which helped to frame her face. It was a unique look that would certainly look good on the cover of a CD single.

The only thing in question now was her practical skills. Without the slightest bit of hesitation, she strode up right to the girl, putting a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

With a toothy grin, Tsukiyo looked the girl straight in the eye. "I want you to sing something. Right now." The perfect idol should have no problem singing on command. After all, the perfect idol would have just as much pride in her craft as the ever perfect Utagawa Tsukiyo and would obviously jump at the chance to show off her art.

4Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 am

Shiyare Miki

Shiyare Miki

A hand on Miki's shoulder made her stop in her tracks right away and turn around. That moment, she found herself looking up at a pink-haired female, whose attention seemed to be turned to her, the new student.

"Sing?" Her eyebrow was slowly arched in confusion; she didn't really see that coming. Such a possibility hadn't crossed her mind , though it didn't take her too long to decide how to respond to that proposal.

"Sure! It's my first day here, but I don't see why not!" She nodded with a small chuckle, without even caring to ask about the reason behind it all.

5Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 am

Utagawa Tsukiyo

Utagawa Tsukiyo

It seemed as if this person had passed the first test. Excellent. With a grin, Tsukiyo crossed her arms and looked at the girl, waiting for her to begin.

"Good, good."
she smirked, proud of her obvious skill in picking out stars at a mere glance. "Anything will do. Show what you've got."

The girl did not know it yet, but while she performed, Tsukiyo would be gauging her technique, style, breathing, and everything else that she possibly could, in order to determine whether this aspiring idol had what it takes to sing a masterpiece.

6Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:24 am

Shiyare Miki

Shiyare Miki

Miki had expected the other girl to ask her to sing something specific, but seconds passed, and she didn't say another word to the new student. Not even she herself knew what she should sing; she had choices in her mind, but kept dismissing them one after another, while trying to decide on something good.

Eventually, all of her 'candidate' songs were discarded, and so she decided to speak.
"Uhh... Is there anything specific you would like to listen to? I can't just pick a song" she muttered while shifting her weight from one foot to another, in a rather nervous manner.

7Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Utagawa Tsukiyo

Utagawa Tsukiyo

"Can't just pick a song, huh...?" Tsukiyo pulled out a small notepad and began to scribble some notes into it. "Alright then, sing 'Sakura Sakura'." It was a traditional song, originally used as a practice piece for those learning to play the koto, so most people would know it. However, since it was so widely known, it has been performed in all sorts of voices and styles. In order to impress the flawless Utagawa Tsukiyo, this song would have to be performed in a way that she had never heard before.

"And...begin!" She outstretched her arm, pointing her index finger directly at the girl, an eager smile across her face.

8Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Shiyare Miki

Shiyare Miki

"Sakura Sakura..." Miki lowered her head slightly, as she thought of the small, yet well-known practice song. It was a tune she liked, and always kept it in her mind, but to find her own way to sing for that time, she had to improvise; some parts would need to be sung in a different speed or a lower voice. And, of course, she hadn't really considered that.

"Uhh..." She glanced around in the hall for a few seconds. It was neither too crowded nor deserted, so she guessed it wouldn't be too bad if she accidentally hit a false pitch.

Seconds later, she took a deep breath, and began singing. At first, she seemed hesitant due to a low voice, but as she sang along and improvised, she gained more confidence.

9Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Utagawa Tsukiyo

Utagawa Tsukiyo

As the song began, Tsukiyo couldn't help but cringe at the wavering and unsure melody. However, as the song continued, the pitch became more steady and it became a lovely and unique alto rendition of the popular folk tune.

As the girl finished, Tsukiyo thought long and hard, cupping her chin in her hand. She certainly had a unique voice that would set her apart from other idols, but that intro was so deeply flawed that she wanted to throw up. Then again, such a thing could be fixed if she practiced the song a little.

With a nod, as if coming to a conclusion, she spoke.

"Alright, I'll give you a try." she reached out her right hand, "My name is Utagawa Tsukiyo. How'd you like to sing a masterpiece?"

10Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Shiyare Miki

Shiyare Miki

"A masterpiece?" Miki was kind of stunned at first, because of the sudden proposal. She considered it for just a few seconds, and then responded quickly:
"Sure, I'd love to!" This time, she was filled with confidence; if the said song was as good as that girl suggested, then she didn't see why she should turn down such an opportunity.

But then, she realised she had forgotten something.
"Oh, right! I'm Shiyare Miki!" She shook the girl's hand with her right one, and at the same time, took off her hat with her left and shook it a little, only to put it back on.

11Searching for the Perfect Idol Empty Re: Searching for the Perfect Idol Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Utagawa Tsukiyo

Utagawa Tsukiyo

With a cocky grin, Tsukiyo took out a small pad of paper and wrote down her name and contact information.

"Alright then, Shiyare-san. I want you to meet me at room 8 of the girls' dorm. Sunday at 8:00 AM sharp." She then handed the scrap of paper to Shiyare. "Warm up before you get there, because we'll be starting immediately." She said this sternly, as if to get the point across.

Then, she adjusted her glasses so that the light glinted off of them in a rather cool-looking fashion. "I'm sure it'll be a pleasure working with you. Don't let me down!" the last bit that she spoke was almost sing-song, as if letting her down was such a silly thing to let happen indeed.

With a small wave, Tsukiyo turned around, her long hair swishing artistically behind her.

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum